Summer Immersion Program
The goals of our summer learning experience are simple:
- Prepare our rising 8th graders for the rigorous academic challenges ahead, as well introduce our Pre-Scholars and their families to the independent school admissions process, helping them to create a list of prospective schools based on their strengths and personality.
- Ensure that our rising 9th grade students are ready to meet the heightened academic and social expectations of being an Oliver Scholar in their independent schools.
SIP I for rising 8th graders. The curriculum includes:
- Analytical Reading
- Analytical Writing
- Secondary School Admissions Test [SSAT] Prep
- Independent School Admissions Process
SIP II is for rising 9th graders accepted into an independent school. The curriculum includes:
- Algebra II/Geometry
- Introductory Biology/Physics
- New Scholars Seminar